Sunday, January 08, 2012

Happy Belated New Year

I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

My holidays are always very busy, punctuated with moments of quiet. My family is very small so its always a relaxing few days over Christmas and the New Year. Not much goes on in the household except movie watching, sleeping and eating. I recieved some very nice gifts, which I am really looking forward to using, watching and reading. :)

I have some new artworks to show, which shall be posted soon. Just getting back into the swing of things. I always find my January is about organizing and tying up loose ends. So not much actual artwork gets done.

The weather has been absolutely outrageous. So warm and mild and sunny! Thats very strange for Alberta in the Winter. It's been plus 10 degees some days. I think it might have hit 15, but generally hanging around 0. The weather man keeps talking about all the records being broken. What snow we have is shrinking daily, and the flowering bulbs are trying to grow. Bizaarr.

The big news is that I have moved my art studio out of my home and into a space downtown. This is going to be a big change for me since im a bit of a night owl, and now im going to have to change my shedule to painting during the day. I think it will be good though. More will get done without those distractions that are inevitable when you work from home.

No comments: