Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big things are happening.

Its been a while since I have blogged, but for good reason. I am once again at the begining of a big project. Why I create these never ending challenges for myself I will never know, but there are benefits.

So here is what 2010 is shaping into. I am now on the opposite end of the spectrum. Last year I created hundreds of small works of art, this year I am focusing on a few really large pieces. I am going to paint 14 canvas's over the next months. 8 @ 36x60 inches, and 6 @ 40x40 inches. These are the biggest pieces I have ever tackled and so far I think I like it.

At the moment I am enamoured with the notion that this is completely different from what I am used too. I also like the dramatic impact I am able to achieve with the big sizes. Last but not least I am working out ideas that I started with the one-a-days, and this is rewarding ... so far.

I will be posting these paintings here first so stay tuned.

No comments: